4.30.2010

A Spring In My Step

I don't know if it was the ridiculously long winter with record snowfalls, or the seemingly endless string of sunless days that followed, or the fact that it's our first spring in a new neighborhood, but this spring seems especially sweet and is the most beautiful that I can remember in years.  Apparently you need about 3 feet of snow from October to March in order to achieve these results.  I was miserable this winter and couldn't wait for it to be over, but I'm seriously considering being up for another round next year if that if it means that my neighborhood will smell like the most amazing mix of dogwood, honeysuckle, and lilac everywhere I walk or ride my bike.  Spring has always been my favorite season and while I'm still in my blissed-out state of joy I thought I would do what I do best... make a list.  Below are my "spring must do's" that help me maximize my enjoyment of this sweet but short season. 

Haus Recommends: Putting a little green in your spring cleaning and use environmentally friendly products.  I switched 3 years ago when I saw the dog licking the tub after I just cleaned it with comet.  You may need a bit more elbow grease, but all in all they work just as well and they aren't poisoning you or the earth.  At Bungal Haus we use Mrs. Meyers and Method but Seventh Generation is good too or you can make your own.

BTW: It's Arbor Day today.  Now go plant a tree and thank Nebraska for reminding you how much we need them!

Spring Must Do's
{gardening}
{playing with Gus outside}
{celebrating our anniversary}
{taking pictures of the green stuff I almost forgot existed}
{buying a new dress, preferably pink :)}
{going on bike rides}

Spring Playlist: 
"Mr. Blue Sky" by Electric Light Orchestra
"New Soul" by Yael Naim
"Hard to Beat" by Hard-FI
"Something Good Can Work" by Two Door Cinema Club
"If She Wants Me" by Belle & Sebastian
"Talk of the Town" by Jack Johnson & Kawika Kahiapo
"April in Paris" by Doris Day

3 comments:

  1. love that pic of gus. it's like he is so tired but still so not giving up that ball...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy May Day! Nice post. I think you've captured a lot of Spring's essence. :) All of those things are on my list (well, almost all: I have no garden or wedding anniversary), along with a lot more running and playtime outside. Doesn't spring feel like a great big relief??

    ReplyDelete
  3. And p.s. Don't you want to go wherever Audrey is going!? *sigh*

    ReplyDelete