8.13.2009

We're packing, and I don't mean heat


Well we finally did it. After years of scrimping and saving and taking our lunches to work, we've bought a house. And I have to tell you, all those sandwiches were worth it. The big schlep is little more than a week a way and I have to say we're not so much ready. Ready to be in our own house, yes. Ready to move, no. We are not exactly what you would call packed. How you ask, will we get all the contents of our lives stuffed into boxes in two weekends? No idea. But hey, at least I have our moving announcement designed! Is it printed and mailed? I'm working on that.
Sure the post office has lovely little mundane postcards you could send to all the people in your life but why not add little bit more fancy to the world and send out REAL announcements? First homes and new homes are pretty big deals in my opinion and a cause to celebrate. Martha has a good post on making your own for all you crafty craftersons. For those who would like to limit their efforts to pulling out their credit card, Minted is one of my favorite sites for modern stationary (see one of their designs above). As for mine, I'm hoping I can coax husband into letting me get them letterpress printed at Porridge Paper but I'm guessing that would be an "Amy money" expense.


No comments:

Post a Comment